How do I keep my cat from jumping on my drapes?
Question by aaronchall: How do I keep my cat from jumping on my drapes?
He’s got a nasty habit of getting revved up in the morning and in the evening about the same time each day, and he eventually winds up tearing through the house and hanging from the drapes six feet up. We’ve tried squirting him with water. We’ve tried slapping his butt. We’ve even yelled at him. He knows he’s not supposed to, but he keeps on doing it.
Answer by Michelle T
There are numerous things you can do.
1. After he climbs the drapes, give him a light, but firm tap on top of his head.
2. Rub another cat’s scent on the the drapes. That will definitely make him stop.
3. Spray some sort of perfume onto the drapes. This might not work. Make sure the perfume doesn’t annoy you!
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
- Window Treatment in a glance
- What color honeycomb blinds should I get for two rooms that are painted two different shades of blue?
- Where can I find a shorter length of bathroom window curtains?
- How do I take levolor cellular blinds down from my window. They have been damaged need to send to co.?
- What color drapes would go good with a burgundy and gold/beige accented jacquard bedding set?
- Q&A: Should closet curtains be the same as the window curtains?
- Where can I find Miami Dolphin window curtains?
- How can I get wrinkles out of my new silk drapes?
- Alternative to window curtains?
- Q&A: What kind of window curtains am I looking for?
- Q&A: What's the difference between My Blinds by Hunter Douglas and regular Hunter Douglas blinds?
- What is the best window curtain fabric (thick and soft)?
- Do window curtains need to be fire retardant in Houston, TX taverns?
- What kind of drapes to reduce heat from sun?
- Q&A: What are the best drapes to put in a childs room?
- Where can I get ideas for a 1950's retro kitchen remodel?
- What size drapes for different sized windows in the same room?
- Where can I buy Fakro window locks?
- Do blinds really make a difference when it comes to insulation?
- How do I keep my cat from jumping on my drapes?