Window treatments are getting popular with each passing day. With the rise in their popularity, a wide range of new window treatment options are emerging in 2021. So, naturally, you will come across countless options while choosing window treatments for your house or office. This wide variety and comprehensive range of options might overwhelm you without a proper window treatments style guide, making it harder to choose the right one.
After all, there are many factors that you have to consider while selecting a window treatment to ensure maximum comfort in your living space. Don’t worry; we are here to help. In this article, we are going to share a quick window treatments style guide as well as the latest trends in 2021 to make it easier for you to choose the right option according to your needs. So, without further ado, let’s dive into it!
The Most Popular Window Treatment Trends of 2021
2021 has been a great year for window treatments. Since a lot of people have spent most of this year in their homes, people have had more time to focus on their interior design. As a result, we have seen a lot of new window treatment styles and trends come and go throughout the year. Keeping our style guide in mind, let’s take a look at some of the most trending window treatment options that simply refuse to go out of style.
Trending Window Treatments
There’s an endless amount of window treatment options available in the market. However, certain types of window treatments simply refuse to go out of style and continue trending. Blinds, shades, and shutters have been around for a long time. Yet, they continue to retain their charm. Each of these window treatments has its own variants as well. The evergreen and in-demand window treatments for 2021 are:
Let’s look at what makes them so popular and which ones are ideal for your interior spaces.
Choosing Between Blinds, Shades, And Shutters
Each type of these window treatments has its own pros and cons, making them unique and functional in their own way. Picking the right type depends on your requirement like aesthetics, functionality, cost, etc. Choosing between these types of window treatments can be quite confusing unless you know what you are dealing with. Therefore, in this style guide, we are going to share all the information about these 3 window treatment options along with their pros and cons to make it easier for you to choose the right option. So, let’s start with the blinds!
Blinds are one of the most versatile window treatment options. They come in a diverse range of materials, including wood, aluminum, vinyl, and even bamboo. They can be raised to give you a spectacular view of the outside or lowered to provide privacy. Most importantly, they are great at blocking light. Generally, most types of window blinds will give you full control over the light that enters your room.
Furthermore, blinds look good on both small and large windows as well as on sliding doors. These are available in a variety of materials and trendy designs and colors. However, they might not be the best insulators in comparison to shades and shutters. Here are some of the most prominent advantages of choosing blinds as your windows treatment option:
- Budget-Friendly: Blinds will go easy on your wallet. They are cheap but elegant window treatments. If your house or office has a ton of windows, getting blinds will be a good option, especially if your budget is tight.
- Great Light Control: Blinds are exceptional at providing light control. Their mechanism allows you to quickly and easily adjust the tilt of the blinds. You can open and close them according to your needs or even mood.
- Low Maintenance: Blinds require minimum maintenance. Their materials allow you to clean them easily by wiping them with a cloth. You will never need to take them down to clean them. You can even close or open the blinds to clean them thoroughly with minimal effort.
- Cordless Option: Although most types of window blinds come with cords, there are cordless options as well. If you have children, you can get cordless blinds to ensure their safety.
- Poor Heat Insulation: Blinds are not great at insulation which makes them suitable for windows with too much sun or for hot areas.
- Safety Hazard: blinds with cords can be a hazard for small children and house pets.
Shades are made from a panel of fabric. They are fitted inside the window frame. Because of this, they give a neat and minimal look. Finding types of shades that fit your windows and interior aesthetic isn’t hard. It’s because shades come in versatile styles. You will find a range of different materials, colors, and trendy designs to match with your interior and add a touch of style.
There are different types of window shades. You can get roller shades that have varying opacities and color ranges. Similarly, you can get roman shades that can be printed with any pattern. These add a feeling of warmth and comfort to a room. Most importantly, shades are great at insulation as well. They will help you cut costs of electricity as they are energy efficient.
- Great Privacy Control: Shades give you perfect privacy and create a comfortable and cozy ambiance.
- UV Protection: Shades provide protection against UV rays.
- Good Insulation: These are also good at blocking sunlight and heat; thus, they are energy efficient.
- Durable: Although they can be expensive, all types of window shades are highly durable. They will last for a long time. You won’t need to replace them till after really long.
- Easy to customize: They come in different variants and most of their variants, such as roman shades, are perfect for adding color to your room.
- Good Light Control: They give you better control over the amount of light that enters your room by allowing you to lift as per your requirement.
- Child Friendly: Shades are easy to operate and don’t have strings or cords, which makes them child-friendly.
- Block Your View: Shades completely cover your windows and block your view.
- Less Functional: In comparison to blinds, shades aren’t as functional.
- Require Regular Cleaning: They need to be cleaned regularly to prevent mold from growing on them.
Shutters are a bold choice of window treatments. There aren’t that many types of shutters. They all basically look the same. They are effective against blocking out the harmful rays of the sun. Shutters will protect your carpets and furniture from losing color because of the sun.
These trending window treatments come in materials like wood, plastic, faux wood, or aluminum. Therefore, shutters offer very limited light control. Most types of window shutters are painted white to reflect sunlight and create a cooling effect in the room.
Wooden shutters will go great with wooden furniture. They can add to the organic theme to make your house look eco-friendly and timeless. Shutters can go well with many simple home designs. They have an old-school, nostalgic feel but still remain relevant to this day.
- Highly Durable: They are ideal for outdoor use because they are resistant to oxidation and other elements.
- Great for Outdoor Use: Since shutters are robust, they can be used as outdoor window coverings as well.
- Versatile: They work well with a variety of interior design themes.
- Expensive: Shutters are usually more expensive since they are made from costly materials.
Window Treatment Style Guide 2021: Blinds, Shades, or Shutters?
Each room has its own unique needs when it comes to window treatments. A bedroom might require blackout shades as compared to a room that is being used as an office as it needs to be bright. The best window treatments for your home will be ones that match your interior design and add a pop of freshness to your interior spaces.
In this window treatments style guide, we have shared some of the most trending windows covering options in 2021, along with their pros and cons, to help you make a well-informed decision. We hope our window treatments style guide helps you find the most suitable option for your home. If you still aren’t sure about what type of window treatments you should go for, our experts can help you out. Just reach out to us, and we’ll help you pick the best window treatments according to your needs!